Since 2013, my professional focus has been to understand the state of the art in manufacturing - and to help others plan for the its future. I have worked as a hands-on practitioner, a manager, and a strategist in the field, and my experience spans design, prototype development, procurement, project coordination, and life cycle management. My interests and abilities are both forward-thinking and pragmatic; my desire for manufacturing jetpacks, so to speak, is tempered by a personal understanding of what the real problems in manufacturing are today - and how quickly the industry is actually capable of changing.
If you need help developing parts for metal additive manufacturing - or are considering entering into the industry - contact me to talk about how I can speed up your efforts. I have worked with many Fortune 500 industrial clients on these issues, and have deep experience developing manufactured products myself. My writing has also been featured in The Wohlers Report and on 3D Printing Industry, and I'm a member of the ASTM F42 Committee on Additive Manufacturing Technologies.
- DMLS pricing structures
- 3D Printing Titanium and the Bin of Broken Dreams
- 3D Printing Titanium: Learning to learn from successes
- Perhaps the most complete list of metal powder bed fusion service providers in North America
- Materialise Magics 19, the linchpin in the additive manufacturing toolchain today
- Adoption Trends in Industrial Robotics
- Six big questions that will drive industrial AM in the next 3-5 years
See also my ongoing metal 3D printing work, which is more likely than not how you found yourself looking at my website :)