More lessons from the past few years and beyond - these more personal than my previous post.
- Few things feel better than getting consistent exercise, but few things feel worse than being told that you should be getting more exercise.
- There's nothing more fulfilling than setting someone else up to do what they love. Corollary: few things hurt more than to be denied the chance to do something that you're great at.
- People will hate you for saying that having a baby is like having a dog - and for sure, there are significant differences - but that doesn't change the fact that it's true.
- Unless you have access to an actual soda fountain, you should add the ice cream to the root beer and NOT the other way around.
- The ability to give advice well is a direct outgrowth of understanding and judgement; the ability to receive advice well is a direct outgrowth of humility and a sense of politics.