- The dedicated tooling to do frame prep operations (bearing pressing, etc) was *cool.* Most of it was made by Shuz Tung, a Taiwanese company.
- The wheelbuilding line was the single biggest part of the operation. The truing machine especially was impressive (videos below).
- They build everything upside down! I can't imagine doing this, but the advantages re: not touching the paint are really big.
- It was a really big facility - tens of thousands of square feet.
- The moving assembly line was fun.
Here are the wheels being built:
And here's the wheel truing machine in more detail:
Here's the whole shop (ish):