My mailing list is live! And you, dear reader, should subscribe to it.
- Brad Luyster/Meat and Networking: Cheap Prototype PCB Comparison. This is a great article on the cost structures of various prototype PCB fab houses. Great graphics, great analysis, great explanation.
- Marcus Wohlsen/Wired: What Uber Will Do With All That Money From Google. Good profile of Travis Kalanick.
- Andy Dunn: Get One Thing Right. This is one of those "what I learned building" essays about the Bonobos product.
- Bunnie Huang: Article on Novena. Bunnie built a totally open-source laptop. It's super geeky and super cool.
- Bunnie Huang: On Hacking MicroSD cards. Bunnie tears down SD cards and figures out how to use them as a cheap microcontrollers.
- ship-technology.com: FLIP - Research Vessel. This boat is insane!
- EOS: Press release for the new EOS M400. I'm looking forward to 4-laser machines.
- Fred Benenson/Kickstarter: Kickstarter Fulfillment and Product Development: A Story of Dogfood and Data Validation. Kickstarter's data scientist runs a campaign & adapts the Kickstarter product according to what he learns.
- Apple: Mac Pro ME253/MD878 Environmental Report. This is the environmental report for the new "trash can" Mac Pro. It's totally interesting.
- Ryan Hoover/Pandodaily: What Philz Coffee can teach us about product design. This is less silly than it sounds.
- Rakesh Sharma/Forbes: An Interesting and Frightening Situation: Terry Wohlers' Assessment of the Year in 3D Printing. Good overview of additive manufacturing. Wohlers' feelings on printing-as-a-service are totally keen.
- Peter Richardson: The Lay of the Land. A really thoughtful exploration of cartography and the way we experience terrain.