Made some updates to the models for The Public Radio this weekend. Included:
- Made a full assembly model of the antenna. I had never done this previously, instead opting to let our suppliers make drawings. No more of that.
- Fully updated our speaker model to allow for easier mechanical assembly and thru hole mounting to the PCB. This has been in the works for a while, but I needed to remodel the basket fully - and rethink the way that the lid screws work. I also renamed the speaker "Ground up speaker." You know, because of the fact that we're redesigning it from the ground up.
- Added PEM nuts to the assembly (it was hex nuts before). I also adjusted the full screw stack so that it's fully supported throughout the assembly.
- Remodeled the knob to be metric. ISO FTW! (Also note that the drawings are all on A4 paper :)
- Did some basic housekeeping on the model, renaming and reorganizing elements to make maintenance easier.
I also did a bit of work to the EagleCAD - mostly just updating the speaker hole locations & sizes. Zach has done a bunch more work on this over the past few months; I'm mostly just dealing with mechanical interfaces here.
More on this soon, I hope :)