Please, leave comments on this post!
If you had a group of 20 or so intelligent, inquisitive people - but none of them have any experience with hardware writ large - what is the one lesson/exercise that you would run them through? Assume a 90 minute session.
- Fix a flat on a bike
- Just tighten/loosen screws/nuts
- Overview of metric vs. English standards
- Overview of hardness vs. tensile/compressive/shear strength
- Basic solid modeling tutorial in Fusion 360
- Basic mechanical feature overview (lever, gear, screw, etc.)
- Industrial vs. Mechanical vs. Embedded design
- Analog & digital circuits