First: You should know what OKRs are. I'm not saying there the end-all be-all, but they're totally a thing.
Yesterday I updated my personal goals in the format of OKRs and habits. Here they are.
Be smarter than I really am.
I use this as a euphemism for formidability & staying on top of shit.
I’m more organized, and hence more at ease.
My output results in more inbound traffic.
My relationships are strengthened through my reliability and ability to communicate effectively.
- Keep a daily checklist & maintain a high “done” rate.
- Pitch something unironically on a weekly basis.
- Ship my newsletter weekly.
- Post 250 words publicly on a weekly basis.
- Post 750 words publicly on a monthly basis.
Broaden and deepen my perspective and skillset.
- A full stack of maker skills.
- A continually broadening knowledge base.
- A continuous stream of completed & documented projects.
Lunch/coffee/drinks with someone outside of my immediate sphere on a weekly basis.
Show continued progress on extracurricular projects on a monthly basis.
A half-hour of terminal time on a weekly basis.
One unstructured weekday on a monthly basis.
These will change over time - perhaps sooner than later - but I feel good about them. Wish me luck.